1. Right-click the Start button in your taskbar and select "Settings."
2. When Settings opens, click 'Apps' in the sidebar, and then select 'Default Apps.'
3. In Default Apps, click the search bar and type in the name of the email app you'd like to use as your default. When it appears, click its icon in the list below. (Or you can browse the list of apps and find it.)
4. On the email app's "Default Apps" settings page, click the button below "MAILTO." This configures how Windows will open "mailto:" links that are common in web pages.
To set your favorite email client as the system-wide default, go to:
1. Windows ICON (lower left)
5.Then in the right panel under the Email section, select Google Chrome for GMAIL
Set default email client on a MAC
This worked perfectly on my MAC (OS 10, Mojave)
If the above doesn't work for you, this video has a few extra steps that might be necessary.
The VirginiaGrassroots.org website is produced by grassroots volunteers; not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.
Please report mistakes to fairfaxGrassroots@gmail.com